In an attempt to indefinitely revive this blog, I’m going to post a quick writing update for everything that’s happened since my last post. Okay, here goes.
- “to dust”, “Atlantic”, and “weeds” published in After the Pause.
- “RPG in Six Parts” published in Cartridge Lit.
- “simulacrum” included in the Best of Black Heart issue.
- “insomnolence” in (parenthetical), Issue 7 (due May, 2015).
- “Midlfell Wine and Spirits” in The Lane of Unusual Traders.
Aaaand, that’s it for now. Bit of a writing hiatus going on with final projects and exams so March and April will likely be pretty quiet.
In particular, I’m quite happy with my piece over at Cartridge Lit, it puts into words a lot of ideas that interest me about video games, about exploring the existence of game characters and how they interact within their environments built for a specific purpose. How do they push the boundaries of the game map, how a glitch transfers over and builds onto a story, and all these things. I would love to write a bit more on these topics soon. Probably after exams. But for now, I’m just collecting a lot of ideas.